Friday, July 2, 2010

What an adventure

We made it.  What a day...12 hours across Wyoming and Nebraska.  From cool and clear to cloudy and warm to hot, sunny, and humid.  Oh my.  It is such a great thing to write from my own couch, after a hot shower and hanging out with my kids.  I don't think this trip could have gone better -- the kids were amazing, the weather perfect, the mountains, well...mountains!  I believe we made a difference in the Estes community -- we worked hard and served hard, we used the chance to tell everyone we met that asked who we were and why we were there (serving Jesus by serving others) and I also believe that the lives of each person on the trip were touched as well.  I posed 2 questions to the kids on Saturday night last week --

1)  What kind of person are you -- one who believes in Jesus and follows, one who is not sure about Jesus and what that means, or a person who says they follow Him but in reality are living out something different?

2)  Why did you come -- what were you expecting, and finally, what did you find?


Those might be great questions to ask your kid tomorrow (they ALL need to sleep, lots...) My (and the other adults, Pat, David, Karen, and Laura) prayer is that they were drawn closer to Jesus and saw themselves move further towards becoming a fully committed follower of Jesus.

Thanks for your prayers, for your support, and for allowing us to hang with your kids this week.  I saw Christ in each of them and was blessed richly by each!